1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Moses parted the seas; Jesus walked on water. Moses would keep going up the middle while Jesus goes over the top. Oh and Jesus would always go for two fishes.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Sea Bass, Sam Mills, thank you for the data.

I remember 12/24/06. It was Christmas Eve and I was with a friend's family - opening gifts at an otherwise empty community center in Alabama.

"You only talk about me when there's a pandemic going on and you're bored."
    -Chris Weinke
    (who is/was a really nice guy)

Sea Bass likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

And I remember the sideline shot of Parcells laughing his tuchis off.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife and I voted yesterday. We were backed well outside the building and down the sidewalk, but it took 27 minutes to be exact. Things moved smoothly.
    To my disappointment, no MAGA poll watchers tried to intimidate us. More's the pity.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump hasn’t kept his word or promise about anything, ever

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Jesus was a hitting coach, the other team would throw his hitters nothing but curveballs.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Are you telling me Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Days keep ticking off the clock and Trump isn’t making a late surge yet. If anything, today’s polls were a tick worse for him.

My biggest concerns is the open whispers that they intend to somehow muddy the results on key states and try to get it thrown to a stacked court system.

The best defense against that, besides hoping that someone somewhere in the system has a shred of morality or respect for the rule of law, is winning with a broad enough slate of states. It’s a lot harder to ratfuck three or four states simultaneously than if it all comes down to a close Pennsylvania.

Obviously Florida would do it, but fuck Florida and it’s ability to turn every single election into a 0.1% shitshow. You could make Florida vote for ice cream against a hot pepper enema, and it would fall within recount thresholds.

Georgia, Ohio, Texas and Iowa seem way too far past the tipping point. It’s not impossible to imagine Biden winning something from that list, but probably only when he’s already winning everywhere else too.

But I’m keeping a close eye on North Carolina, which seems to be a big problem for Trump. It’s been tending bluer demographically for awhile, it has consistently polled well for Biden and poorly for Trump, and so have all the demographically similar areas around it.

NC for Biden would allow him to drop one of the PA/WI/MI trio that gave Trump his win in 2016. North Carolina and Arizona would allow him to lose some combinations of two of them.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

WHAT. A. PUSSY.

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 7.42.11 PM.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.