1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Classic overcompensation by irrational dick-wavers.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, yard signs for either candidate are rare in Cape Cod. Lots of bumper stickers instead.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I take a CNN poll like that with as much salt as I take a Rasmussen poll right now. I wonder how much of an accurate sample CNN is getting right now considering how loathed it is by the right.

5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Like the doctors said...the tweets (or maybe lack thereof) should be the tells...

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have a lot of Biden signs in our town and I’ve only seen two for Trump. The local GOP has been focusing on the house race, as the Dems flipped a seat in 2018 and the GOP is running the son of a popular former governor to re-flip. The GOP candidate has basically been silent on Trump to try to thread the needle of getting all Trump voters and relying on his family good will on moderate voters so all of the local signs have been just about him.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

poindexter - your posts have indicated you understand something of math and probability. Why do you have such a hard time seeing this?

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I find that odd but true. These scumbags have shown no empathy or humility about Trump for anything. You’d think they’d be proud boys and girls and shove it down the pollsters’ throats. And as much as they say they hate the polls and media they are the first to shot their pants when Trump doesn’t get glowing headlines and positive poll numbers. why are they shy to pollsters and no one else?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My liberal burg really only has local candidate signs with the exception of one house that has gone full Trumpist in my neighborhood. There's another Trumpist but he only has the signs hanging inside his garage so from the street if he isn't tinkering with something, you wouldn't know.

The full Trumpist guy I kind of want to troll him, but I have a feeling I wouldn't get out of the immediate block before someone tracked me down.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls only ID their media sponsor if said sponsor is looking for quotes by respondents, which NBC/Wall St. Journal and Times/Siena sometimes but not always do. CNN's firm's polls are the most volatile, because they do not weight against non-response bias, which is when voters whose side is getting bad news are less willing to answer any poll by any outlet. Look at the opposite side of the coin. Fox News polls have had lots of bad numbers for Trump this year. They aren't ID'ing themselves as Fox either.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think that there are tens of millions of people who don't tell the truth to pollsters when it comes to Trump. They only tell the truth in the voting.

I saw it four years ago. I'm not falling for it in 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.