1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One day a friend of mine came home after his high school classes to his little farmhouse and was shocked to discover several limos and a couple of state troopers in his driveway. He goes in the door and there sits his mom and dad and then-Governor Lamar Alexander, three or four Japanese businessmen, some other men in suits and some troopers.
    Turns out the state and the businessmen have been negotiating with his parents to buy their farm but their dad did not want to sell because he was third generation. But once the governor showed up and asked him personally to do it and said the company would move their home to wherever they wanted, and that it was important for the state, the family agreed.
    What was then the world’s largest car plant was soon constructed on the Harrison family farm, followed later by Saturn and VW and then Nissan’s corporate HQ all sprouting in Tennessee.

edit: if you’re a fellow map nerd, look at the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN. Not only will you see the little farmhouse moved to a corner of the property (with giant pool addition), you’ll also see the world’s largest parking lots.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

it is 2021 and this is joe biden's america running rogue

garrow likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Two weeks" LOL

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Romney: I'm voting to remove Trump from office in the impeachment trial.

Also Romney: Yeah, we should let the guy I voted to remove from office pick a new SCOTUS justice just days before the election.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Again, the GOP did not vote against confirmation of an opposition party candidate or candidates. It refused to do its Constitutional duty and denied Garland a hearing.

So don’t talk about Constitutional fairness.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Has balls = does what you want him to do.

What if he simply thinks that the Constitution empowers the president to nominate supreme court justices and the Senate to confirm (or not confirm), and he sees it as his role to do that job?

Pilot likes this.
  11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm not sure reversing this bullshit "precedent" is intrinsically a bad thing. I do think Mitch McConnell can go fuck himself. Those two stances are not opposed.

I Should Coco and wicked like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.