1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No need to stop there. Add 6 judges.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Why should you vote for a candidate who inspires such little confidence regarding the most important issue of our time?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And Faux Fascist Frauds would have a show the next morning about how smooth and yummy it tasted. And how that scary neegro Obungo would never have done such a thing.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you're gonna pack the court, don't fuck around -- pack it good.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realized McConnel's been busy getting federal judges approved, but some the names being tossed about for the Ginsberg seat have barely been federal judges for a year. I don't see Mitch being able to slam it through before the election - it would be the quickest confirmation in recent memory. I also don't think he wants to irritate those Senators fighting for re-election and make them spend time in DC when they could be campaigning. And the Senate under McConnell isn't used to doing anything quickly (not even a turtle joke - it's true).
    Trump will nominate in the next week. My guess is middle of November or so. And if Kelly wins the Arizona seat. That cuts the GOP edge to three (with Pence). So you're looking at Mitt, Collins, Gardner and maybe one more?

Won't just be 6-3 Republicans, it will be 6-3 Catholics.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jason Miller’s baby mama. She worked on Trump’s first campaign (was the first of the pretty blonde mouthpieces), had an affair with the married Miller (whose wife was pregnant at the time), went from the campaign to the transition team, got pregnant by Miller, got dumped, left the Trumpsphere. Miller was set to be the White House comms director until the affair went public.

lakefront likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It’s a bigger problem for Collins, et al, to vote as a lame duck than before the election
    None have said they wouldn’t vote if Mitch forced one
    Obamacare is heard on Nov. 10, one week after the election
    They want Barrett in to rule on that
    Barrett has been vetted, speeding the process

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another factor if Kelly wins: He can be seated once the votes are certified. That could take some time, and Kelly might end up getting seated in December. I could see a whole scenario with Mitch rushing to get the vote to the floor and schenanigans with Kelly’s certification.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, Sea Bass, Driftwood and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.