1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the fact that people post these things on Facebook, with their real names right there, is confounding.

About dam time she has been taking up space for ever The ole bitch should have died a long time ago (And that's from a woman!)

The best thing she’s ever done for her country!!

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember McConnell's statement from yesterday STILL rationalizing and bragging about blocking Merrick Garland? He said since the 1880s*, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president's SCOTUS nominee in a presidential election year. Erroneous! The Dem-controlled Senate did it in 1988 with Anthony Kennedy.

*He could have meant the 1980s and this was a Trumpian typo.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was going to, but then I got home and fell asleep at 10 p.m. on the couch after having been up since 5:30 a.m.

Can't have a massive hangover if you can't stay awake long enough to get totally pissed. LOL.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We are inching to the time in America where rape will become legal if you are a white make.

Shit, we aren’t inching; we are leaping.

And for those of you who defend banks, churches, Wall Street, and all the other bastions of the GOP, rules don’t matter so long as the GOP gets what it wants. So if you think banks, churches, Walk Street are protecting you? Sheeeeet. They’re fucking you up the ass so hard you have shit coming out if your mouth.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

maybe take a break

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just read that Lincoln had expanded SCOTUS to 10 seats during his term. Lincoln was a Republican, and as we’ve been told by GOP dimwits in the past, the parties have never switched on anything.

Win the elections, and proceed, Democrats.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Prediction: McConnell will not bring a nominee to the floor before the election. Better to let Trump campaign on Justice Whoever than to put Whoever on the Court when pissed-off Democratic voters can do something about it.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or they will ram it through because they worry Trump will lose.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Lincoln was a Republican until he informed me:

[​IMG]

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They're not worried about Trump losing, they're worried about THEMSELVES losing. Mitch knows that even Joe Biden will demand the filibuster be abolished and the court packed if he does that. You think Collins wants that vote? Or Ernst or Tillis or the dude running against Peters in Michigan? Hell, no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.