1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd wager that Bernie had more money in the bank than Biden did on Super Tuesday. Wednesday morning maybe not, but....

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We ever gonna' address the fact that Bernie is an Independent and not a Democrat? The Democratic party owes him nothing, especially after how he continued shitting on Hillary's campaign.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Buttigieg after results of the SC primary: "I'm proud of the votes we earned and am proud to earn every vote on the road ahead.”

Klobuchar after results of the SC primary: “Here I am, headed into Super Tuesday. If you feel stuck in the middle of the extremes in our politics, you've got a home with me.”

Their come-to-Jesus moments sure came mighty quickly after those statements.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's childish. Candidates who lose a primary always put on a brave face in the immediate aftermath. Then the next morning or the morning after that, their money people tell them the cold hard facts of life.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We have proof. And it's crazytown nuts.

Let's go to the videotape!

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For the record, I’m sure that party elders reached out to those centrist candidates and told them that they were chasing a lost cause and that their endorsements would never be more valuable than before Super Tuesday. They probably said the same thing to Warren, who decided to stay in. And to Bernie after Super Tuesday.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Good job by the interviewer, but one more question needed to be asked: As we sit here today, did you not know what you were talking about then, or do you not know what you're talking about now?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Technically speaking, Biden is the elderest party elder of 'em all. I'm pretty sure Warren knew after New Hampshire she wasn't gonna win, but she didn't want to drop out before her home state primary.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Go ahead ad and keep selling your conspiracy theories; why are you even dredging this up now and where was your caring about the Dems chances while this was going on? I don’t recall you being for change nor were you worried about our country.

IIRC weren’t you the guy who said “Trump’s fine because my 401k is great?”

10. Machine Head

Burn it down to the ground and salt the earth where it stood.

Rebuild elsewhere.

Thread by that noted lib Tom Nichols, who also feels Boston>Led Zep, but that's another story

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Machine Head

Man, what a shame!

Their effort all went for naught and pissed off the sociopath:

HOUSTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Sunday criticized a privately built border wall in South Texas that’s showing signs of erosion months after going up, saying it was “only done to make me look bad,” even though the wall was built after a months-long campaign by his supporters.

The group that raised money online for the wall promoted itself as supporting Trump during a government shutdown that started in December 2018 because Congress wouldn’t fund Trump’s demands for a border wall. Called “We Build the Wall,” the group has raised more than $25 million promoting itself as supporting the president.

Well, at least it was totally off the books and no one associated with the sociopath was involved.

Oh, wut?

Former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon joined the group’s board and Trump ally Kris Kobach became its general counsel. Kobach is now seeking the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in Kansas.

The company that built the private section in January, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, has since won a $1.3 billion border wall contract from the federal government, the largest award to date.

Trump rips private Texas border wall built by his supporters

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Tom Nichols is the stuffed shirt who said Indian food sucks.

Then got mad when he got dragged.

He's Bret Stephens with a TV gig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.