1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Banning employees from working from home in 2013 really worked out for them, didn’t it?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado is all mail-in. I get an email when my ballot is mailed. And I get one after I drop it off and it has been accepted, as in, my signature was deemed valid.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Indignance at the Democratic Party doing anything the GOP dislikes has been a cornerstone of GOP discourse for the past 40 years.

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Most county or state elections offices have a way for an absentee voter to verify that their ballot has been received, and usually this can be verified online. This information is usually shared with campaigns (not who that person voted for, but the fact that they’ve completed the process) so they aren’t trying to continue outreach to voters who are done with the process and who may also be tired of hearing from them.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think a lot of that is true Baron, but there's some self-preservation going on here, too.

Not all of these people are morons. They know there will be a post-Trump world.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The GOP dislikes the mere existence of the Democratic Party.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We have a landline because it was cheaper to bundle. It rings from time to time but I never answer it because I’ve never given out the number. I happened to answer it today and it was a robocall to donate money to the Trump campaign. I listened hoping there would be a chance to say “fuck you” but the only options were to press 1 to donate and 9 to unsubscribe

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We still have our landline, and in an election year due to my last name I get fundraising and canvassing calls in Mandarin. They are especially weird when the candidate's name is something like O'Sullivan, which in Massachusetts it often is.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Here are some predictions/thoughts from my brother, a qanon guy.

1. Biden is losing it mentally. He won't be the democratic nominee come election day. On a scale of 1 to 10, Biden mentally is a 3. I asked where Trump is on that scale. "An 11". Sharper than anyone.
    You seen these videos of trump having trouble drinking a glass of water, or walking down stairs? That is trump playing with you fools.

2. Hillary will replace Biden as the democratic nominee.

3. Hillary will be arrested on sedition charges before end of year.

4. Some huge scandal about Obama is coming, i dont remember the details.

5. Trump is running up the deficit so the dollar will be worthless. Take a wheelbarrow of dollars to buy a loaf of bread. Then replace the dollar with gold standard. Or something like that.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So Tom Hanks has a new movie where he plays a WWII Naval officer. The USN decided to troll the Army about it. It was awesome.

But, weirdly, the Qanon folks have flooded the replies with accusations that Hanks is locked up on a floating prison since he's part of the secret baby-blood drinking cabal led by Hillary and Soros.

We are never going to get back to any semblance of normality as long as these loons exist.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

FTFY

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.