1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This election is a collision sport - try pickleball.

Like Don Jr.'s need for his father to show him affection, your hypocrisy can be seen from space.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can only speak for the suburban elementary school district my children attended here in Arizona:

They put out a questionnaire to determine what parents wanted for fall. They knew a few would be very hesitant to return.

Well over half of the parents said there was no way they were sending their children to class in the fall. And that was before the numbers exploded here.

School starts here August 3rd. There will be no in-class learning available until August 17th at the earliest, and even the Governor -- who has completely screwed up the response here -- acknowledges that's a wildly optimistic target.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is no hypocrisy in my argument at all. I'm actually maddeningly consistent about this. I don't need to delude myself by refusing to use the man's title and I don't need an excuse to unleash the worst of myself the way you do.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This, from Williamson a few weeks ago, is good:

Coronavirus: Europe Plans Travel Ban on Americans | National Review

If the United States resembles Brazil and Russia in our coronavirus response, it may be because we are coming to resemble those countries in other ways as well: big, sprawling, corrupt, possibly ungovernable, ensorcelled by nationalist nonsense, resentful, inward-looking. A world long accustomed to American leadership during times of genuine global crisis is not looking toward Washington with hope or expectation but with pity and contempt. In some countries, they will see scandal in our institutional failures. In some capitals — in Beijing, for instance — they will see opportunity. Perhaps we will rally and show that we are, after all, up to the task. But there are few reasons for optimism right now.

In this crisis, the European Union has shown itself to be a non-union of functioning states, while the United States has been revealed as a union of non-functioning states. It is an imperfect comparison, but an illuminating one.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The chances of Trump prevailing on this are slim; if SCOTUS upheld LGBT rights, they’re not overturning the Clinton precedent for the fatf*ck who’s a dead man walking. Kavanaugh and Thomas will try because they’re simpletons who were not scholars but Roberts Gorsuch have shown they honor the precedents. Alito I’m not sure about.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It'll take an act of Congress in 2021 to impose the law that the president must turn over all tax returns he or she has filed in their lives.
    Don't like it, don't run for president.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I agree that the tax returns will be bleached clean as a whistle. What Trump is scared of is people finding out that he has never been a billionaire and his rich schtick was a sham all along.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's sure as shit a billionaire now -- more like a trillionaire -- since he and Monkey Boy Mnuchin have had their fingers in the deepest cash box in the world for 3 1/2 years now.

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Tv ad: Donald trump thinks he can’t be re-elected without putting your children, your family, and your area at risk for their health and their lives Because it makes him look bad if schools don’t reopen and in order for him to have a chance to keep his job.
    This is simple if trump/DeVos follow through with withholding money from schools that won’t reopen for safety reasons.
    Are trump and his people so stupid that they don’t realize forcing schools open and the subsequent surge in cases is going to bring the exact surge that is going to doom his re-election chances (which already may be doomed anyway). Their calculation must be “this is our only chance” which is a really sad commentary on them, once again, and how they are willing to put peoples lives at stake for their own benefit. They are in a no-win situation and still won’t do the right thing.
    I know, expecting them to do the right thing is stupid on our part.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If Joe Biden wins, his government will be controlled by people like this:

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Says it all - wears a helmet, goggles and ear protectors - but BY GAWD won't wear a mask.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Why do we, as a society, keep giving oxygen to stories like this? Go flip through any newspaper from the early ‘40s. I’m sure rationing sucked, but you won’t find any stories with a boilerplate graf like “anti-rationing groups say the measures are unnecessary and limit our personal freedoms.” People whining about rationing didn’t get a megaphone. They were told to STFU and support The Effort. Our efforts to two-sides everything are backfiring massively here, and giving idiots like this dumbass even a pica of attention aren’t helping anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.