1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Really, not a huge surprise. This is a massive district, geographically. Dems have been licking their chops here for many years and Tipton has been quite taciturn for a decade. Will be competitive in the fall, but it's a mostly rural district and it would be a surprise if it falls, but, hell, nothing should be a surprise at this point.

Having, sadly, spent a lot of time in Rife the past three years or so I have not been in this place. Might need to make a pit stop.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Have they been licking their chops? They didn’t spend heavily here last cycle, and they came as close as they ever have, 8 whole points.

That said, I’ve covered the woman running for the Democrats, Diane Mitsch Bush. She’s like a Leslie Knope in her weird commitment to government. She’d be an excellent representative, but she’ll probably still need some blue wave effect to make that happen.

It’s certainly more possible than it was this morning. I hadn’t heard much frustration with Tipton so this is a surprise. He always voted the “right” way but I guess didn’t make enough headlines for being batshit crazy? He’s been more of a “support shady big oil business” Republican than he has “Obama’s a Muslimmmm” Republican.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Press secretary: trump is the most informed person on earth.
    Also press secretary: trump was never Informed about this Afghanistan thing.
    willie guist this morning.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What a damned embarrassment.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Doesn't take much to rile Tucker. Hang with it all the way thru.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

7:59 is all I need to know.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Who decided the best way to help turn around poll numbers was to put Eric on television every day?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.