1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly. Even his own conservative state rejected him. And he is utterly devoid of anything approaching charisma.

2. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Pence doesn't scare me in an election.

He does scare me if Trump vacates office before the election. Pence has disgusting views, but he knows how to be a politician. He won't be a distraction like Trump, won't self sabotage as much (though he's still reprehensible, as seen in his presser earlier today). He could do a lot of damage, like a more focused and educated Trump.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that, based on what we've seen since he became veep. From day one he's been Trump's lapdog. with the performance in Friday's newser the latest example. The only difference may be that he's looked inside the pages of a Bible, and to Trump, it's another prop.

4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Pence has literally been “standing behind” trump for all of trumps idiotic pronouncements.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The story about Trump knowing about the Russians needs to be blasted 24/7 and shoved down the throat of ever Fox viewer.

lakefront, Mngwa and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

and end abortion too once our gun liberty is all set from liberal tyranny it was just too long to include in the thread

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

That 30 percent is what interests me. What will they do without Trump? I see most of them going back to not voting again unless they get another messiah from hell.

Now, I never saw trump coming, but I can’t see who tops his filth and fury. The hate mongers like Limbaugh, Shapiro and Hannity could easily whip up the frenzied crowds, but I don’t think any of them want the hardships. I really don’t see anyone who can go full scumbag like trump.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

My favourite example was him reflexively putting his water bottle on the ground as soon as Trump did.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

He's right about everything, but he knows Trumpy ain't going nowhere. No matter how bad it gets, Trumpy and his ilk will continue to double, triple and quadrouple down. Hell, he knew Russia was offering bounties on American soldiers three months ago and how did he respond? By asking the G7 to readmit his boy Putin.

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

This is an interesting conversation. I am curious about the Lincoln Project's next step after (if) Biden wins. How does that rebuild the party? The GOP has so much stink on it from Trump that it leaves the party little in terms of leadership other than those who became Trump's lackeys. Will the Lincoln Project people work with Biden (if the Senate flips, is there any chance the Dems get to 60)? If you're pro-Biden only because you're really anti-Trump, you have to try to work with the new president, right? There needs to be an era of good feelings but that sure could cause a permanent split in the GOP, couldn't it?

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.