1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think someone like Mark Cuban could step in and compete.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think of the R's that I figure will be running in 2024 and I retch.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck is discredited to the point he's off the ticket, no way in flaming hell would the GOP throw up an utterly unqualified no-experience media personality. It would leave the Dems a gargantuan bulls-eye to target: "Trump minus 10 years and 150 pounds."

If Fucko were to be deposed off the ticket by some scandal at long long last finally sticking, they'd want somebody absolutely nothing like him -- at all.

If it was some unforeseen "tragedy" (health situation, etc etc) that dumped him off, they'd want somebody EXACTLY like him -- or his spiritual "heir apparent."

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I will say the same thing I say every time this notion comes up:

If Trump isn't the candidate this year the Republicans get absolutely massacred.

30% of the country -- and a huge percentage of the Republican party -- worships Trump because he's a stupid, vulgar asshole who hates the same people they hate and tells them they're right to be shitty people. If you replace Trump those people aren't voting at all. Biden beats the replacement candidate in a landslide.

I mean, Pence? EVERYBODY but bible thumpers hate Pence. And they probably secretly think he's an asshole, too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Marco is such a lightweight even in Florida that I doubt he runs again for the Senate.

melock likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In other words, the Trump base is staying home if a grown-up gets nominated. Sort of like sulky Bernie Bros.
    Either way, Biden wins. Kasich would be my choice to do a lot of healing within the party. He wouldn't win but he might be able to put some humanity back into the GOP.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not happening. He endorsed Biden on Hannity’s show.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s Josh Fucking Hawley. Full Nazi, no chaser.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pence is an old Ken doll come to life. He excites exactly no one, and probably not even Mother.

Sea Bass likes this.
  10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Hawley probably watched "The Handmaid's Tale," furrowed his brow and said, "Hmmm, some good ideas here."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't think this is a d_b, but amid all the other shit going on, this shouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Pence was fresh off taking a beating in the race for Indiana governor. This was probably the last gasp for him. He's not beating Biden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.