1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've actually been so there has to be something about prior relationship or something. I read it. In a book.

Of course, if Trump gets re-elected, I'm sure my next visit to GITMO won't be as nice as earlier ones.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clinton never trailed in any poll taken in Wisconsin or Michigan. Never. Last Wisconsin poll was the Marquette Law poll, considered the state's best by far, and she was up like by 5.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm not getting overconfident but 6,200 at the kickoff rally in the reddest of red places, Tulsa, OK, a state he won by what 40 pts, tells me a great deal. Trump in 2016 is very different from Trump in 2020 and to the voters that are most important, its a horror show.

In 2016 they could say "we don't know, he looks like a maverick, we're just treading water these past 8 yrs, let's take a chance on the "deal-maker"".

In 2020, no such margin of error. They know what he as president means. Charlottesville. Parkland, FL. 100,000+ DEAD and climbing. Lafayette Square.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thanks for voting, fucking cultist fucktards!

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Tarheel, I love Santorini, but too many tourists and too expensive.

Crete and even Rhodes have been said to be quite good for expats.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tomorrow the Times will start running a series of polls by Siena College and the paper's numbers cruncher Nate Cohn. First national, then six swing states. I predict these polls will show the race A LOT closer than all the other polls. Cohn and Siena missed badly in 2016 and he since corrects for education levels to a stronger degree than any other pollster. Also, if his polls also show Biden cruising to a significant lead, their news value is nil.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I share this for no other reason than to also share one of the most apropos Simpsons reference in an opinion piece

This is the most succinct -- and brutal -- Republican rejection of Donald Trump that you will ever read - CNNPolitics

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I don't like Bill Maher all that much, and never did, but I saw a bit of his on youtube in which he had an Obama impersonator reciting actual Trump sayings. It was shockingly effective in demonstrating how insane Trump is. And it is almost three years old.

gingerbread likes this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have read that the national polls were more accurate in the 2012 election than in 2016. In 2012 no one cared because Obama still won.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have worked abroad. Visas are the issue. And since the U.K. and probably New Zealand have government run health care you need to be legally employed to qualify.

My son wants to work in Germany. He is a software engineer and has twice made the final interview only to not get the job. But those companies would sponsor him.

The best way, in my experience, is to see if you qualfy for a dual citizenship somewhere from your ancestors.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Is it wrong that I almost feel a little bit bad for Kayleigh McEnany? I’ve gotta think she’d rather her boss STFU, because she has to keep twisting herself into weirder pretzel shapes to translate him to the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.