1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just too good to be true. Perfect!!!

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I’m thinking specifically of the hotel in Washington DC.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Steve King is getting primaried tonight.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

King is going to lose. Thankfully that racist asshole is gone.

The seat will likely be held in the general by the Republicans. No matter. Steve King needed to go a long time ago. Good riddance to someone slightly more racist than Trump.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS throws Meadows who throws Kremlin Barbie who throws Hope Hicks under the bus. Now my arm hurts.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This statement is every bit as wretched as ownership of the team, which is populated with Trumpists and which allowed its park to host a Trumpist campaign committee meeting a couple of years back.

Bragging that your victory in the World Series represented an unprecedented example of racial harmony is one of the great overstatements in history. The March on Washington or the march across the bridge in Selma might disagree with the Walgreens' assertion of supremacy in this area.

Kudos to their fans for booing Trump at the Series. But ownership needs to shut up.

HanSenSE and PCLoadLetter like this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That's the "endgame" from this.

If King would have held on, he wouldn't have won in November. Instead, the more mild-mannered Republican state senator who won will, likely, win in November. Republicans keep the seat.

Webster likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I was squarely in Riverside, a few blocks from the St. John’s and Five Points. Our bungalow would have been damn near underwater in the last hurricane that hit Jax.

And I still have a couple of one-gallon growlers from Bold City, which also was a few blocks from our house. I miss 13 Gypsies.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

San Pablo, Beachwood, and Jax Beach … represent!

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Grew up in Orange Park.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This is powerful stuff ...

“Don’t talk to us about looting. Y’all are the looters. America has been looting Black people!” — Activist and Women’s March leader Tamika Mallory shut down any arguments against the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests and explained what the uprising is really about.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.