1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's argument that "see all these things that're happening when I'm President? They're my opponent's fault" is a tough one to make except to the demented base, and that ain't enough for him.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All my students are high school seniors. The ray of hope I see is that none of them use Facebook. None of the social media sites are immune from stupidity, but Facebook seems to be the haven of older generations disseminating. absolute bullshit.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The wrong Biff died, sadly.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Reason No. 1,564,674 to hate NASCAR.

5. Twirling Time

Fair enough. Joe Lieberman was just as powerful when the Dems had 60. What's Joe doing now?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You mean after he managed to single-handedly kill Single Payer? Probably enjoying retired life as the insurance-lobby slush fund pays for it.

7. Twirling Time

So 50 Dems = 60 Dems according to your logic. If you're a manager, I'd hate to work for you on Eval Day.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Functionally, it's no different. If Manchin doesn't want something to pass, it won't pass. And if the Dems don't like it, he'll just switch parties. He's extremely popular in West Virginia; he won't pay any kind of price if he goes GOP.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Plus he became a Republican when he endorsed McCain even though he called himself independent

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You cannot trust DINO Joe. Gonna need 51 Senators.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Trump's actions have shown he is evil. Not sure how even the worst actions by Biden or Hillary, in more than 60 years of combined public service, qualify as evil.

This is not a choice between the lesser of two evils. It's a choice between outright evil, and common decency.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This'll help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.