1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the fight that he and his klan have been rooting for since the cops killed another black man. It doesn't only distract from the Trumpandemic; it allows Fox News, OAN and Trumpists in Congress to talk about Law and Order again. It lets them play a false-equivalency game. And they hope it leads to more black deaths.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

His Thugs tweet got a disclaimer to view it and you can't see or make comments:

"This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible"

Neutral Corner and lakefront like this.
  3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Mr. Putin is breaking out the good cigars today.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is a racist time bomb. Brought to you by:
    --The Electoral College
    --Vladimir V. Putin
    --The Comey Letter
    --Jill Stein and Gary Johnson
    --And Fox News viewers like you

Thank you

qtlaw, OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

courage under fire

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Whoops. My apologies to Dan Crenshaw.

9. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Neither was Trump or anyone around him, I'm sure (though they probably wouldn't have cared had they known). Trump has less historical awareness than most educated people, and most educated people don't have that much.

I remember being surprised when people started talking about creating the Department of Homeland Security after 9/11. For anyone involved in foreign policy, the word homeland referred only to the territories that South Africa's apartheid government had established for different black ethnic groups while stripping their members of South African citizenship. The South Africans tried to convince the rest of the world that some of them had become independent countries. The word just wasn't used in any other context at the time, and it had a very negative connotation, even for those like me whose work had nothing to do with Africa. They were abolished in 1994 when apartheid ended, so almost everyone who was involved in establishing DHS would have been old enough to remember them, had they been aware of them in the first place. I was sure that someone would point out how tone-deaf it was -- sort of like the Reagan people using Born in the USA as a patriotic anthem, but even more so -- but I never heard anybody say a thing.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If you complain about Trump's tweets
    They say TINMHITTMAL
    If Dems rig this election
    I'll say "then we're even, pal"

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Had no idea. I love it when I learn stuff on this board.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.