1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I was reading Posnanski’s top 100 players in The Athletic, it really crystallizes that you simply can’t understand the history of baseball in America without viewing it through the prism of race and racism. And while we think that we have moved well past the truly awful thoughts, these past 3 years have taught us that we really haven’t. That our greater natures won’t save us merely because they are ethical and right. And it just fucking depresses me so much.

bigpern23, OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Are Democrats really preventing Donald Trump from holding campaign rallies? Certainly Governors Kemp and DeSantis would be happy to arrange a venue for him. Go ahead. Try it. What have you got to lose?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Holy shit! Pompeo has an aid take Trump for a walk?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is what I don't get. How can anyone, no matter how awful their political views, have so little self-respect? The only possible response to being asked to walk the dog is "fuck you, I quit, but I will be calling the Post and Times about this."

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

More like, who do you have to lose?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

People are still pissed off at Obama.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd love to pick up Pompeo's dry cleaning. I'd teabag the shit out of his shirt collars and laugh my ass off the next time I saw him wearing one.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Starman, I remember that night very well - a 'pizza night' in the newsroom (as we all recognize) - and the early exit polling was coming from states that were not expected to be contested by the shit stain on the national underwear fabric.

None of it matters anyway. The election boiled down to 80,000 votes in three swing states. One terrible candidate edged out another.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trumpgate!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pompeo: What’s that wonderful scent on my collar? Is that Lipton?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.