1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, I feel like I'm a fifth of vodka behind everyone tonight.

THE STREETS SHALL RUN DEEP WITH THE BLOOD OF THE INFIDELS!!

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'm down to rubbing alcohol.
    Navarro said it's safe, right?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Good thing about my part of the world, there are always some boys off the beaten path who you can get a good supply of liquor from, and they don't really worry about government regulations ... if you know what I mean.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

E8811B09-20C4-4D19-9507-076672053165.jpeg

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

No big deal

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Make it 12. Make it a 21 member court.

And all the new appointees should be radically liberal and under age 35.

Except for Merrick Garland and Barack Obama.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually think the SC made the right call on the voting case, legally - perhaps not morally. It's not on the courts to cover for a messed up election department. And it isn't like they won't be doing social distancing at the polls. And what else do people have to do today besides voting? It's absolutely true Republicans lose when more people vote, and perhaps people will finally wake up to that fact. But you can vote with a provisional even if you applied for an absentee late. And to be clear, I have a problem with ANY changes to election rules or eligibility within six months of an election that routinely happen. We need a 50-state Voting Rights Act that establishes a clear floor that all states must abide in order for consistency. Paper ballots, early voting options, an instant appeal to a federal judge when any state, locality or official changes eligibility of voters and consistent tabulation procedures.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The Roberts Court will go down in history - assuming a true history is written and not some sort of Orwellian version of it - as the institution that has done more to damage democracy in this country than any other.
    They have actively destroyed people's voting rights at every chance they get.
    "States, you don't have to abide by the Voting Rights Act. We know you'll do the right thing."
    "Gerrymandering? Ohhhhh, we can't get involved in elections."

garrow likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault."

This Is Trump’s Fault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.