1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Again and again, why does the GOP always want to make it harder for people to vote? How is that American?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because they view "Republican" as far more important than "American."

The more people vote, the better Democrats do in the election. So the GOP makes it as hard as possible to vote.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you're not cheating, you're not trying. The two Trump-appointed clowns are going to be the biggest enduring legacy of the worst presidency in US history. He's making Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding and James Buchanan look Rushmorish by comparison.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If Trump could name one out of three of those presidents, I'd be shocked.

And even then, only because he thought Patrick Buchanan was a president.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You can't be safe and vote, so there goes that

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The sooner FATUS is dead, the sooner the country can resume the business of living.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Partisan political decision by a Republican-majority Supreme Court. It’s disgusting.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

These people are begging for political assassinations. They think they're bulletproof. The next Democratic President, if one is allowed to occur, should finish the oath of office by pointing the Secret Service at Chief Justice Roberts and saying, "take him away boys."

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That would be well-deserved. The Democrats would also need to add four justices to the court, saying fuck you to Moscow Mitch.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Joe Biden won't do it, but his hand may be forced. If I had a relative in Wisconsin who died of the virus voting tomorrow, I'd be inclined to start hunting Republicans. Supreme Court justices have lots of protection (Federal Protection Service). State legislators, not so much.

11. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I’m in favor of court packing and granting statehood to Puerto Rico and D.C. Find the four most qualified liberal judicial candidates age 45 or younger. And then every vacancy is filled by a liberal in the same age bracket.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.