1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do not hate Sanders. I also do not believe he can beat Trump in the general. Therefore, I can't get behind him. I'm absolutely one of those people referenced who only cares that Trump goes down. As has been noted, there's a reason why Trump is salivating over the idea of facing Bernie in the general.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

L’etat, c’est Trump

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That Trump says 100,000 deaths would be a victory only convinces me the real total will be above 500,000.

Tweener likes this.
  4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Trump won because just enough voters in 5 or 6 state’s didn’t vote because they were told there was no way trump could win. Anybody that falls for that again is a flat out idiot. (Or Russia flipped the switch. I don’t know how to make the guy with his hands up like he’s just not sure)

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My God, FATUS is a fucking pussycat.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump is clearly punting Michigan, which narrows his path that much more, and he is wearing a snorkel in Pennsylvania. Will he win any state that Clinton carried in 2016? I doubt it. So Wisconsin is the whole ballgame.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Trumpers who live in Michigan hate Detroit and Whitmer

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I think there is plenty of blame to go around for 2016, and some of that is on Sanders supporters. Some of that is on HRC for not running a better campaign, some is on the DNC for alienating a bloc of voters and for pushing HRC to the front of the line long before she had the votes.

The DNC can nominate whomever it wants, so I don’t think the 2016 primary was “rigged.” The DNC just made it appear as though it was Hillary’s “turn” and that little else mattered. That was a mistake, IMO, and we saw why in the General Election.

I don’t know if I’m making any sense here or just rambling. I will say that I did not vote in the 2016 GE, but certainly not out of spite. I had planned to reluctantly vote for HRC but ultimately did not, only because I live in California and knew that she had my state won.

I will absolutely vote for the Democratic nominee, though I wish it had been almost anyone other than Joe Biden.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Four million more people voted for her than Sanders in the primaries.There's no way the DNC could have tossed that out and said "We're going with Sanders because he polled better against Trump."

Ultimately, the DNC adopted 80 percent of Sanders' platform, so I don't think anyone can honestly say they didn't listen to him or his supporters. If that wasn't enough, how much would have been? 85? 90? 95? or is it all or nothing?

Or, as a former co-worker of mine said, why didn't they just nominate Bernie?

I believe I answered that question three paragraphs ago.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

amirite?

Webster likes this.
  11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

True. But I can imagine it being difficult to accept blame when others at fault refuse to accept any. I mean, Bernie delaying his endorsement may have hurt Hillary against Trump, but he did do 39 rallies in 13 states for her after he did.

On the other hand, years later Clinton still refuses to accept that her lack of appearances in swing states Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan (along with her voting record that sent hundreds of thousands of industrial jobs oversees) played a major role in her losing the election.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Ten percent of them will be dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.