1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump backs off his goal for filling the pews on Easter, which is "very important to him."
    So much winning.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Love someone with the passion that Trump hates questions from black reporters.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They like the "safe" candidate. Mondale. Dukakis. Kerry. When they go a little bold (Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Obama), they seem to do better.

Tweener likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Neither did Bernie.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"What could be worse than FATUS as president?"

"Well, there could be a pandemic."

"And it could be raining."

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Do you think the Democrats could have or should have given the nomination to Sanders even though Clinton received 4 million more votes than he did in the primaries?

Do you think maybe they should consider disregarding the primaries and going with Bernie now?

If they don't do you think a third-party vote, a write-in vote or not voting is a reasonable choice?

FWIW, I don't hate Bernie. I like him and his ideas though I have some concerns about how realistic some of them might be. Neither he nor Biden were my first or second choice. You don't see me taking my ball and going home.

Some of his followers, not all, not saying you're one of them, bother me. They're all-or-nothing guys and when it's all or nothing, you rarely get all and usually end up with nothing.

I don't think attacking others in the Democratic primary is a winning strategy. I don't think pushing bogus stories about dementia and sexual assault allegations is going to help get Trump out of office.

I don't think, after it was already decided that Clinton got the nomination, going on and on about "Blah, blah, blah, Wall Street," "Blah, blah, blah, corporatist," "Blah, blah, blah war hawk," and "Blah, blah, blah, voting for 'the lesser of two evils' just perpetuates the corrupt two-party system," helped.

Yes, I do think what happened in the last three years is at least party on those who stomped their feet, held their breath, said "The Democrats were mean to Bernie!" took their balls and went home.

I don't know whom you voted for in 2016, and if you voted for Clinton in the general, thank you, but how could anyone argue that Clinton would not have been better than what we have now?

Tweener likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The party's leaders don't chose the nominee, the voters do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.