1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You don't get to argue Sanders has a better chance against Trump than Biden would. Biden just cleaned Sanders' clock in a long string of actual elections. How does that make Sanders a stronger candidate? I supported Warren, and I still believe she'd make the best President, but I can't argue she'd do better against Trump than Biden. Biden whipped her.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I would encourage people to ignore Mr Narcissist in Chief’s “base” and focus on grass roots reminding to your friends and family of the terrible self centered decisions he’s made in the past 3.5 yrs. I’d say” he’s a horrible person tell me why you disagree?” Keep it up. History shows It will make a difference.

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Eyes on the prize, as always.

garrow likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I mean, if anyone in my family sent me a message about Meghan and Harry today, I'd be a little worried about how they're coping right now. This is get the strait jacket ready stuff.

Webster likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but your family has normal people.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Beau is asking the obvious question here that I really had not thought to ask. I'll let that come from him.

bigpern23 and OscarMadison like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

is the gee family willing to pony up for megan and harry's security so much hate for *our* president

Cosmo and Fred siegle like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Alma’s yeast infection was just miraculously cured

10. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Seriously? I have to explain this to you? OK.

Biden is beating Sanders AMONG DEMOCRATS, most of whom will #VoteBlueNoMatterWho.

In a General Election, in case you didn’t know,
    Independents and Republicans also vote. Sanders destroys Biden among Independents, who make up 40 percent of the electorate. He also may be more likely to get disgruntled Republicans, some of whom support universal healthcare, a higher minimum wage and free college, among other things Biden doesn’t support.

You are also hugely downplaying what this sexual assault allegation is going to do to Biden in the coming months. This allegation will hurt him badly. Mainstream media will be forced to ask him about it and he will have awkward responses when they do.

Aren’t you the one arguing how people will look at Trump differently in November because of this pandemic and economical collapse? Yet you think Biden’s flaws will somehow go unnoticed? It could easily be argued that Biden will be the worst Democratic nominee since at least Dukakis.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Tweener, with all due respect, you may want to regulate just how condescending you get while posting your Bernie Bros shit. People have been fairly respectful to you.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously. The Bernie Bros. need to get over it. Biden blew past Sanders in the primaries because people realized that he had a much better shot at beating Trump.

Biden is far from a perfect candidate, but people don't hate him. Plenty of people in both parties hate Clinton and that was a big factor in Trump becoming president in the first place. I believe that is true of Sanders as well and President Trump knows it. That's why he wants him as an opponent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.