1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Poll topline: Among registered voters, Biden 49-Trump 47. The enthusiasm with which one votes does not register unless you jam the pencil through the ballot in your enthusiasm and spoil it, thus not voting at all. Daou is one of the left's more prominent idiots. Let's be real. The pandemic and economic collapse are just getting rolling. Day after 9/11, GW Bush was the most popular President ever. But what would have happened if there was another 9/11 on 9/18, then 9/25, and so on?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He's running for the nomination on "I'm not Bernie Sanders!"

He's running for the presidency on "I'm not Donald Trump!"

That'll rally a lot of folks. :rolleyes:

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

I'm not Donald Trump will indeed rally a lot of folks. We know that because I'm not Bernie Sanders already did.

Twirling Time and Fred siegle like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We're going to have to make peace with two things going on longer than we'd like: the virus and all the jive that comes with it, and Donald Trump as president. Would love to be wrong on either but wouldn't put money on it.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

All things are possible. It's possible the virus will abate soon enough for Trump to claim the hero's role, and the economy will roar back as he's promised. But if the virus lingers and its current path of human and economic destruction continues, I just don't see Trump getting re-elected. He was already behind. In his best poll ever, he's still behind. Six more months of bad news are not going to help him much.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was always sure Biden would get the certain monster recession.

Now he may get the post-recession bump (although, like Reagan, it may be into his second year).

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's over. If these times don't convince people to vote the Trumpists out of office, nothing will. By November, the worst of this crisis will have passed and Trump will claim credit for it.
    So our lives are disrupted, thousands will die needlessly and Trump remains in power for a second, unaccountable term.

8. Michael_ Gee

I give up. Doomsters gotta doom. What a way to go through life. Whatever happened to play to the whistle? PS: Trump wants to restart his rallies by the end of April. That alone might cost him votes from his most enthusiastic supporters as they crowd together so that one percent or more of them kick the bucket.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Trump was elected because he wasn’t Hillary. He had no platform. He had no plan. He wasn’t the pant suited battle axe. The end.

Della9250 and garrow like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.