1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Signing statements are not necessarily legal. If I'm Biden, I just say, "my first act in office will be to arrest him, hold him without bail, and seek the death penalty for his crimes." Just say it. I win, you're dead.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course he does. Of course, if I got a check with his signature, my first move is to take it to the bank to certify it. Because he's already figuring out how to stop payment.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If ever there was a limousine liberal, it's Bruce Arthur.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, Trigger Warning Here.

I'm about to post a whole string of tweets from Josh Moon in an attempt to illustrate the depth of the idiocy that is Alabama state politics. By way of introduction, Moon used to work for the Montgomery Advertiser working the state politics beat as well as doing investigative reporting. He wound up let go by the paper after a lot of pressure was leveled at them from powerful politicians and donors of theirs who advertise in the paper heavily. He was a little too good at his job and at expressing what he was seeing.

By way of background, in a general sense towns and cities in Alabama do not have home rule and can be overridden by the state government. One of the quirks of that is that the head of the county department of health in both Birmingham and Mobile are empowered to issue edicts in response to a health crisis, and both had put out shelter in place orders while Governor Ivey continued to refuse to even consider it.

First off, a quickie about the guy who will be our next Senator, because Jeff Sessions is going to suck it come election day.

Splitting it here, several more to come.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Life in two tweets.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The vast majority of these payouts will be direct deposit. Sorry.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bow to your king, you shits!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.