1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody But Fatfuck

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What's Nate have to say about China? US has just about as many total cases as China now?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

RFK entered the race really late in '68; I don't think he officially got in until LBJ pulled out. So he was far far behind in the delegate counts.
    Plus I believe at that time a huge number of delegates were selected in state caucuses.

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

FTFY

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Like each day's closing bell, praying FATUS keels over at the podium. Maybe today as he looks worse and sounds more incoherent than usual.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s a big “if.”

Webster, Tweener and HanSenSE like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't really trust most of the numbers about Covid-19 in these countries with awful governments - Like, I doubt the reporting in China, Russia, North Korea, etc., are accurate. But at the same time, it's pretty clear that the testing in the U.S. is woefully inadequate, and we pretty much saw what happened in China and said, "Eh, fuck it, that certainly won't happen to us!" (And even as I type this, Trump is bragging about how we're now testing more people than South Korea, which kind of downplays the fact that one country has about 50M people, and the other has 327M.)

cjericho and Tweener like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Just what we needed

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

All these press conferences are now are his rallies. Same BS phrases and slogans.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Had pretty much the same take earlier this week.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've felt that way pretty much from the time he started talking about it. He won't be able to convince enough people, from the Governors on down, to do this anything resembling quickly. There is an incoming tidal wave of covid infection which will wipe this stupidity out before he could start to make this actually happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.