1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump to City
    Drop Dead
    Literally

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Tweener likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I try not to think about how much the Russians and other bad actors are screwing with our social media through all of this.

wicked and lakefront like this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

His exchange with the female reporter today was one of the most disturbing things I've seen since 2017, and that's saying something. Classic abuser. He is dead man walking.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a losing deal. You can't play the "I'm the all-powerful Daddy President" card and the "none of this is my fault" card at the same time. I mean, the racist fascist moron death cult will go for it, but they're not a majority. People forget, there was a HUGE cult of personality built around GW Bush after 9/11 and in the Iraq War. It was the "he'll keep us safe" idea and it won him re-election. After Katrina, when it was clear the whole thing was horseshit, he went to less than 30 percent job approval. If people start to think Trump doesn't care if they live, he will suffer accordingly.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I looked. I was not surprised at all, and that's just sad.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I wonder if people's willingness to see fault and "disapprove" of the leader of their party relates directly to that leader's ability to get reelected?

What I'm trying to say is, I assume a lot of Republicans will "snap out of it" mid-November, even if Trump wins, and decide "yeah, ya know, he does kind of suck." The driving force of their need to put up with or ignore his daily dumbassery will vanish once the motivation of an election is gone.

Some, obviously, are way too far down this path. The main Trumpster on my FB feed has recently taken the dive from "I consider both sides and just happen to chose conservative positions" to "Q is driving all that is happening in the government," "coronovirus is a conspiracy," and "No, obviously NYT is not a reputable source to use in a FB debate."

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.