1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Watching the replay, since I missed most of the live event. Did Chuck Todd stop at Mark Davis' barber on the way to the debate hall?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Chuck needs to nut up and shave his head. His hair looks like a bad lawn in an August drought.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, what the absolute fuck is this nonsense? This guy has been a disaster as ambassador to Germany. He's an incompetent whose only value is as a skilled Trump sucker. He's a horrible pick for DNI with no applicable experience, and he's not only going to do that but two other jobs?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In a functioning democracy, some kind of lawsuit or other action could probably be brought on the grounds that the post of ambassador to Germany and DNI are, by definition, full-time jobs, and prohibit the use of "acting" appointments in this situation, but we don't live in that kind of country any more.

Once again it's a triumph of the Bannon school of deconstructionists. They don't think we need qualified personnel to fill those posts because they want to get rid of the positions and let the God Emperor run everything out of his ass pocket.

And, of course, Fatfuck wants to make sure DNI is under the control of a world-class fellatio artist.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I have a friend who calls him Mr. Hair Plugs

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched for the first hour but tuned out because it got to be so nauseating watching them try to claw over each other to answer a question like a bunch of 7th-grade girls trying to push and fight and slug through a massive crowd to get Taylor Swift's autograph. The moderators did an awful job keeping any control.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

TigerVols likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Tip of the iceberg. There's a reason WSJ and Fox News hardly even mention Bernie. They probably have a copy of the oppo research Trump/Putin have on St. Bernard. Research, btw, that wasn't used at all in 2016. Trump knows he'll destroy Bernie, that's why he's never the focus of Republicans. But just wait.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bernie's 78 and had a heart attack four months ago. I don't think he'd be a very good President, but even if he was FDR, voting for him is to laugh at the probabilities that have made the insurance industry what it is.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Of course this is going to keep getting revived. It sounds so insidious.

Despite all the conflations and the boogity, boogity whispers, and what really appeared to be a politicized "investigation," there really was never any evidence that het husband intervened with the banks on the loans -- the big accusation. I'm open to a possibility that that kind of corruption happens, but if you want to allege it, you need to show evidence of it.

She did probably fudge the numbers on the promised donations to secure the loans she sunk the college under, but it didn't seem to be a scheme to enrich herself. I think she was in over her head and she fudged things the way lots of people fudge things when they have no sense or they overestimate their ability to create magic.

The whole thing read like she bit off way more than she could chew, she had zero business sense, and she was reckless with debt and a grandoise pipe dream of a plan.

Having to no sense with money and not taking debt seriously enough isn't criminal. To me, though, it does in a very small scale (but non-public, which makes it different than her husband) way, demonstrate why people who think they can subvert basic supply and demand and scarcity realities by centrally planning things (especially when it requires the use of debt to create their "prosperity") inevitably leave destruction in their path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.