1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or if he was too friendly with Russia.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jones won't get to run against Roy Moore again, and now that the shock has worn off they'd probably elect Moore if he did.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

None with Hope Hicks? Fail

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just emailed three of my four senators (I am a property owner in two states, so I fudged a little).
    I told them all that I watched them raise their hand before God, swear to do impartial justice, and then sign the oath book affirming the same. I told them that history is watching. Two of the three, I played to their sense of their name in history; the other I pointed out he is running for reelection in November.

I'm getting ready to go pee in the ocean because it will do about as much good, but at least I exercised my right as a U.S. citizen to have my voice heard.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

I really like Kyle Whitmire, Birmingham News/Al.com investigative reporter and columnist. I'm going to be banging on the ear of someone in Richard Shelby's office tomorrow anyhow, I guess I'll throw this on the list.

Shelby is 85 and has been a Senator forever. He'll be pushing 90 by his next election. He can afford to play hero and spike Trump, if he will. He's been office long enough to know that Russia and North Korea are not our friends, and he's seen the Senate going down the rathole. Maybe he'll listen, if I can get a message through his flappers.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think all service veterans insulted by that disgusting accostment of the generals ought to talk their congresspeople.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Di Niro just did a really good job of laying everything on the table at the SAG awards.
    It's not like the MAGA crowd was watching, but he nailed the current state of things.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Valiant
    Pick

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A Democrat suggests that and the Infowars loons would be screaming about the New World Order.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.