1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

All I can say is good luck. That probably sounds flippant, but it’s the best I can say. The nuts are doing what they do best...pushing an agenda of fear.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If they didn't impeach: they look feckless, kill any enthusiasm for Dem incumbents in 2020, and it isn't like they'd gain any support.
    If they do impeach: they energize their base, they can state they are defending the Constitution (regardless of the ultimate outcome) and can run on it in 2020 (and put the Senate Rs on defense).
    If the Senate Rs turn on Trump: They get primaried and lose (most of them are in safe red states) and don't even make it to the general where their courage would be rewarded with reelection.
    If they stick with Trump: They avoid a primary, likely survive the general (perhaps they lose a few seats, but retain the Senate). Maybe Trump wins, maybe he loses in November, in either case they retain the Senate which is job 1.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Trump loses by more than five percentage points, they lose the Senate. Unlike 2018, Republicans have more seats to defend, and not all of them are in safe states. Collins, Gardner, McSally, Tillis, they could all go down if Trump is rejected.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's why it is so important to have a continuous process of smearing shit all over Fatfuck from now until November, in addition to the constant stream of bullshit he'll supply on his own.

Force the Vichy GOPs to keep defending him; wrap him around their necks.

Polls show sizable public support for Trump's impeachment

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

About college voters and "residency" in New Hampshire as seen through the lens of Dartmouth ...

Dartmouth College students process voting after new NH residency law

Dartmouth College Republican President Daniel Bring, a junior from New York, said via email that his group supports the new law.

“We believe it is a critical step for voter integrity in the state of New Hampshire. All of the members whom I know are more than willing to vote by absentee ballots in their home states. I plan to do the same in this year’s elections,” he said. “We generally agree that since we only temporarily inhabit Hanover, we should not be involved with local decisions that may have permanent consequences.”

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There's always a pantysniffer on these impeachment defense teams. Now we've got two with Dershowitz.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Will there be a fair trial?" -- Schiff

That's the only drumbeat they need during the hearings and beyond leading up to November.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As stated several times, I was a republican my entire adult life until the time that Sarah Palin entered the national picture. That is when I started to fall back and my leaving coincided with Trump getting the nomination.

I knew only a handful of people who admitted backing trump before his nomination. Now, I know scores who relish in his vileness. His sphere of influence will not end when he leaves office. They will worship him and covet him well beyond his death.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly; Americans need to demand Senators do their job. Only reason to avoid witnesses is that you are scared.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I know this, Trumpov has given the Democrats more money than I ever have ($0).

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.