1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Fat One essentially wants to disenfranchise Jews and Bloop still insists on calling him President Trump.
    I am a little surprised that story hasn't gained more traction, by the way.
    Fuck you and fuck your president.

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Interesting article, but it's not as simple as your point. Along with the main point made by the headline, the article says, "Still, in many ways, voting has never been easier in Georgia. Georgia leads the nation in automatic voter registration, with more than 350,000 new voters signed up when they obtained their driver’s licenses since last year’s election. In addition, the state provides three weeks of in-person early voting and voting by mail for anyone who requests a ballot. There are a record 7.4 million registered voters in Georgia, though about 300,000 of them are scheduled to be canceled this month because they’ve moved or haven’t cast a ballot since 2012 (comment: and haven't responded to notifications with postage-paid return envelopes and haven't changed their addresses or reregistered online or by mail.)"

By the way, there seems to be an effort by I assume the Abrams people to ensure that certain voters are registered. My wife, whose first and middle names make pretty clear that she's Hispanic, has received three or four letters in recent months from a voting advocacy group urging her to register to vote. (We're not sure why, as both of us have voted in every election since we moved here in 2013 except maybe one local runoff.) All my names look Anglo, and I don't think it's a coincidence that I haven't received any letters from the group.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is yet another example of you, just like yab, wanting an excuse to express yourself like a lowlife. I don't respect the man, but I do respect the office. You are caught up in amusing yourself by taking vulgar shots at the guy instead of actually having a rational discussion of what is going wrong in this country because he is president.

The truth is that your position on this is idiotic. You oppose President Trump and his supporters in part due to their ignorance and the repugnance of your actions and statements. Then you follow that by acting just like them. Are you really so lost that you can't see the problem in that?

The story does deserve more attention and even Jewish people in this country are split. President Trump is wrong on this one. Being Jewish is not a nationality. I remember a discussion with a teenager in which I mentioned that my ancestry was a mix of Russian, German, Ukranian and Lithuanian. She replied that she thought I was Jewish. Her ignorance was annoying, but not surprising. It is a common error, one now being made by the president of the United States.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

SMH. If you made it up people wouldn't believe you.

7. Starman

It's not an error.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She was so ignorant that she thought may family couldn't have roots in those countries because I'm Jewish and you don't think it's an error?

Then again, you are right there with 'yab and fart boy on this one.

9. Starman

It's not an "error" on the part of Fatfuck.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The fuckery never stops with the FATUS crime family

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Too bad those that are insulted have no problem separating infants from their parents and selling them to Christians.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.