1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Aside from that event Trumpists love more than any other, the time when Americans took up arms against their country. Now their SEC descendants call themselves the only true patriots.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Moscow Mitch may not have as much power during the trial as he does in regular session when he hands the gavel to Roberts, no?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatboy's intensive military training:

[​IMG]

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ever notice that these Republicans morans rarely say this crap on any other channel than Faux?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"Make a path" indeed - to the underage girls and the buffet table.
    I've never seen a president so openly and justifyingly disrespected in my life.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely watch.

On a side note, Robert Massie, who authored marvelous books on Peter the Great, Catherine the Great as well as Nicholas and Alexandra, just died a week or so ago. Learned a lot reading his stuff.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I worked the burn ward in at Children's Hospital for a month while I was doing clinicals for X-ray school. It was a fucking nightmare. Those kids have to be moved, bandages changed, linens changed, debriding done. Those nurses are saints.

Iron_chet and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn’t Nunes get a call from her?

matt_garth likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Yeah, the Richard Pryor bit about being in the hospital after he lit himself on fire freebasing held an entirely different meaning for me after her burns. The really bad part was that she had five broken ribs, broken spinous processes, and three compression fractures. She *had* to lay on her back, with her weight on the burn on her butt and the skin graft side on the back of her thigh. It is also near impossible to bandage a burn on the ass in such a way that the bandage stays put when you lay/sit on it. Her first couple of debriding sessions weren't too bad, but the third time the nurse didn't get her pain meds into her before she went and they didn't have an available time window to do it later after she took some and they took hold, so they went ahead and did it without the meds.

Nightmare. And there was absolutely nothing I could do to help.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

LOL he claimed to have, trying to duck on getting a call from Parnas. I bet he wishes he had thought of a different alibi now.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I still have problems these decades later due to it. If we’re watching a hospital show (OK, we watch Gray’s Anatomy, damn it!) or a CSI where there is a burn victim, I get cold sweats. The gigantic scar on my leg has never bothered me - luckily.

12. Neutral Corner

My wife's has healed very well. I worry that as we age, if she becomes bedridden that that's where the bedsores will start first.

I had a patient who had been very badly burned across her upper back ten to fifteen years ago. Her scars were raised and irregular, very gnarly. She nearly always had two or three places that were split open and bleeding at any given time, poor thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.