1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hat guy is every older middle aged guy who describes himself as an "independent" but seems to know every Fox News talking point.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Well then, of course it's true!

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

More Accomplices Getting Arrested

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"No one has ever said that" is a Trump-like response.

Just say that it isn't true, and then say something factual about why it isn't true.

I know it is unrealistic, but it would be refreshing if we could hear him say, "Look, my kid is a giant fuck up. He was in the car when his mom and infant sister died, and he has been troubled ever since. He bangs strippers by the dozen, has a problem with the crack pipe and I'm afraid that if I left him to take care of himself, he would starve before finding anyone to hire him for legitimate work. So yeah, I encourage him to trade in on the Biden name. It's what I can do for him as a dad, and I am not ashamed of that."

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t put anything past the right.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, goody, more stories about Trump using an unsecured personal cell phone to talk to world leaders.

It sure would be nice if a friendly nation that was eavesdropping on him would release some audio of those calls.

lakefront likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Can't understand neocon Trumpists

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump remarked, “Why is Seoul so close to the North Korean border?”

The President had been regularly briefed that North Korea possessed vast artillery batteries that, in the event of war, could kill millions in Seoul. The photo seemed to bring the briefings home.

“They have to move,” he said, referring to the inhabitants of Seoul.

The officials in the Oval Office weren’t sure if Trump was joking. Trump repeated, “They have to move!” Seoul, with a population of 10 million, has roughly as many residents as Sweden. Was the President seriously suggesting 10 million people needed to leave their homes in Seoul and move elsewhere? No one knew what to say.

The Generals Tried to Keep Trump in Check. What Happens to Foreign Policy Now That They've Left?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Frankly, America would be better served by keeping its generals in check.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Go, girl. Love this thread. The OP is a reporter for Pro Publica.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.