1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Take Tulsi's point of view though - she was no. 2 at the DNC, a Bernie backer and saw how obvious Wasserman Schultz was tilting the field in Hillary's favor. Hillary shouldn't have needed a home field advantage to beat Bernie and it only ended up hurting her. For as much competence as Hillary has, her political instincts were terrible and continue to be. If she was the head coach of the Globetrotters she'd put them into a four corner stall as soon as they were up four points over the Washington Generals.

Stoney, TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

1. The DNC leadership favored Clinton. She was the establishment candidate. In 2016, establishment candidates did not fair well in the GOP primary or general election.

2. I believe that she should have just released the servers to an independent authority and avoided the whole question of impropriety.

3. Their business dealings were intertwined and, often, with links to political patrons. Again, the questions of ethics remain, even in absence of criminal charges.

4. She was part of the system that enabled Bill, multiple times. Disgusting or not that is the reality.

5. She’s free to handle her public life however she likes. The question is does that help the campaign against Trump? How do her comments about Russian plots involving Gabbard help?

I think it is reasonable for some folks who despise Trump to wish that Clinton would not inject herself into the debate as often as she does. I think that it is also reasonable to admire her. I think that her political life has its flaws, but I think she’s also been treated unfairly.

I’m also a bit tired of Biden and Sanders and would rather have someone more like Obama: a fresh, capable voice.

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

John T. Reed?

7DA7F15C-3F79-463C-B8ED-51EAD62FA9CC.jpeg

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. She’s free to handle her public life however she likes. The question is does that help the campaign against Trump? How do her comments about Russian plots involving Gabbard help?

By putting her name behind something that's been all over social media, she protects the current candidates from having to say a word.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Rep. Gabbard can guide the Democratic party once she denounces the Nazis and white supremacists who have worked to support her and pump up her social media presence.

Until then, she doesn't get shit.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lot of whining the last few days by turds like Tulsi and "Let's Get Mikey to Do It- He'll Do Anything!!" Pompeo this week. Get over it, indeed.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Democrats need to ignore Hillary and, when the time comes, rally around the nominee. Of all the mistakes the Dems made in 2016, going all-in with her in the primaries was one of the biggest. 2016 is over and done with. Maybe give her a prime time speaking spot at the convention, but make damn sure it's rainbows and sunshine about the nominee.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Show me something in her VOTING RECORD that's suspicious. You know, the one thing nobody ever discusses.

I don't think any GOP Congressmen have a 100 percent score with the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest LBGT lobby. But Gabbard does. Nor are any GOP members on the LBGT Equality Caucus. But Gabbard is.

Wanna know what a VIGOROUSLY contested primary campaign is?

One with 22 candidates.

Where were they all in 2016? Told to back off is where they were. Because it's Hillary's turn.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Operation Peace Spring. Right.

If Turkey has not been given a twenty mile strip at the border by the minute the five day cooling off period expires, they will start a new offensive. Strongman politics.

And Trump's in charge. Erdogan is going to make him his bitch again, sure as hell.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A Dose of… Reality #1 – About Bernie and Hillary…

lakefront likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.