1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

New Mexico maintains a huge sovereign wealth fund of $23+ billion, thanks to the oil pulled out of state controlled land. For years, the Dems have tried to earmark a just a tiny portion of that money for use in pre-K education, which is sorely needed in that godforsaken state. But a conservative Democratic state senator has blocked tapping into that huge pile of cash, wanting instead to hang on to it "for a rainy day." As a result, generations of kids are being reared in a state with the worst child welfare stats in the nation. Not sure why they shouldn't be taken care of before college admins and professors are.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Warren has always been a strange case for me. I like and agree with most of her policies. I think she'd make a good president. Yet I'm completely tone-deaf to what her campaign trail appeal is.

At her best, she comes across as plucky. in the Harry Truman sense. At worst, a little shrill and a little weak. But maybe that's just me....?

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Oooh! The serious 'working girl' 'do!

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Chicken hawk with a uterus, or, the apple doesn't rot far from the tree.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Copied from a Twitter account I saw.... and too funny not to share!

I did not, and do not watch DWTS, but I saw the clips this am - all Sean Spicer needs is a pineapple on his head, and Trump will mistake him for Carmen Miranda and try to deport him.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think with some planning New Mexico can take care of both pre-K and college.

Folks need the political will to do it.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Her emails are with the historical society, we were told.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

She was on Colbert last night and her answer involving Frances Perkins was the sort any previous president would/should tell. The current one couldn't come close to reciting such a story

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Here's a metaphor:

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.