1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

They've been virtue signaling for as long as advertising existed - you just didn't notice - or care - because they were more "traditional" virtues. Every pickup truck commercial for all of mankind has been a cynical masturbatory ode to God and farmers and the Troops.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seeing as Fatfuck has installed Nazis, who want to shove Jews in the ovens, to the top policy making positions in the White House, I'm sure Mossad wants to keep a very close eye and ear on what they're up to, and be ready to take them out if and when needed.

In the days Mossad was truly great, a Bannon, Gorka or Miller would have been found floating face down in the Potomac long long ago.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm assuming several dozen people, from spies to the Secret Service, know when the president—not Trump; I mean any president—is having sex. That can't be good for your game.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If trump is having sexual relations with a living creature, then the Secret Service is being used to procure them.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I did notice. I was skeptical. That's the point. A jean company being against gun violence has nothing to do with anything.

Somehow, because it's now the "right" virtue, no skepticism allowed, eh?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean, the federal government knows better on this matter than farmers who own the land?

The logic of your argument is somewhere along the lines of "we can't trust people to imperfectly set their own standards, so let's trust a smaller group of people to set standards, then run around imperfectly enforcing those standards on a case by case basis, and, also, bureaucracy."

I mean, shit. Some things are just too picayune to plausibly oversee without gross overreach and/or delay.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not even that, it would have been some "medical event," a plane crash, a boating mishap...

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Social Services get called when Trump's having sex? Take it to the Epstein thread.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is this worse "virtue signaling" than Chick-fil-A being closed on Sunday to honor Jesus?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Does the NOAA have a better handle on the consequences of nitrogen die-off in the Gulf of Mexico than the farmer laying it down on his field in Algona, Iowa?

Yes.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has an exterminator been sent to Baltimore ahead of Trump's visit tonight?

garrow likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. Businesses have been virtue signalling forever - remember the ads after 9/11, hell Christmas ads where they don't even overtly ask you to buy their product but just wish you a merry christmas. Go back to the Liberty League in the 1930s - the rich always figure they have a bigger megaphone than the average slob, so they use it.
    I'm surprised there weren't more CEOs from brick and mortar retailers, travel related businesses, concert promoters. Businesses that are affected by people being too freaked to go places where large groups gather. Hell, it's a miracle one of these shootings hasn't happened at a pro sporting event on live TV.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.