1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They got guns.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Jon Stewart spent years (and getting remunerated very well for it) laughing over all of this shit.
    A preening ass if God ever made one.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

I always thought it was funny that the GOP rednecks in their pizza nests believe that only Trumpists can operate firearms.
    Very funny.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

James Hodgkinson had different ideas.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This. Very much this.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Irony:
    When I - dressed in khaki shorts, boat shoes with no socks, and an Earth Day t-shirt - walk by some dumbass with a "3" tattoo, NRA t-shirt, and MAGA hat who clearly isn't carrying.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  8. Driftwood

9. 3_Octave_Fart

The only time I became afraid of this clown was when he clearly invoked the necessary and proper clause, last week or the week before.
    It is the exact kind of open-ended language in the document that could be used for nefarious means by an autocrat.
    The elasticity of the clause could theoretically be used to justify anything, and the framers knew that.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Garrows humor.

11. Driftwood

That's in Article I - nothing to do with the Executive Branch.

Let me tell you ... Article II ... it's a great article ... it's huge ... most people don't even know about it ... I know more about it than James Madison ... Oh, little James Madison ... I talked to him just the other day ... he said I'm doing a great job...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found The Daily's episode on Boris Johnson to be interesting. He got kneecapped when cameron stepped down - allowing May to become PM. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted May to take the initial hit on Brexit, and it was all part of the ruse. May was very much betrayed by her fellow Conservatives on the Brexit plan. Apparently Johnson works very hard to come off as kind of an absent-minded bumbler, he musses up his hair before TV appearances, and has appeared before groups apparently unaware which group he is talking to (except people have seen him do this act multiple times).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.