1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I doubt he'll ever dump Pence because that would be close to admitting he made a mistake in the first place. Also, Dad and daughter are from the same state. Constitutional no-no. Mostly also, would be a huge vote loser.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Constitutional no-no? How so?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

President and Vice-President are not allowed to be from the same state.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Constitution specifies candidates for POTUS and VP on the same ticket cannot be citizens of the same state, something they could fix in 30 days (or less) if for some reason they thought they had to (by registering the Pretty Princess to
    vote in a different state).
    Still that provision in the constitution is no less clear or conclusive than the emoluments clause, and their response to that has been, "fuck you, we do what we want," so I'd expect the same in this situation too.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In some ways I think Liz Cheney might be the best the GOP and America can hope for to guide that party post-Trump and potentially get Republicans back on the reality grid. She's able to talk nonsense and hyperbole like any of them, (which may be enough for Trumpers) without actually being cray-cray (which could bring in the non-Trumpers). And she's the closest thing the party has left that may be viewed as a "successful" political leader. Anybody thinking the party could go from Trump to a sane, solid Republican who doesn't need to fear monger to advance their political career in one jump is kidding themself.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Let's be clear, they do what they want because their feet are not being held to the fire.
    The founders did not envision an Article I branch of government acting like the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
    Barr could have been punished by now in any number of ways.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Is there a bigger incel weasel in this regime than Steve Miller?
    Trump sends him out to do his dirty work and he gets crushed even on Fox News.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Starman

I'm sure the right wing screech machine would have reacted with dignity and respect.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Starman

Like I keep saying:

300,000,000 / 1

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Matt1735 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.