1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not only pushes testimony to the day before summer recess, as the story notes, but gives the GOP more time to get fitted for their cheerleader uniforms.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's like I wrote that.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In 1944 they would have shaved Ivanka’s head in front of the Hotel d’Ville

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Keep kicking that can forward!

7. poindexter

I don't think you are getting it. JOB ONE is winning those key battle states. Giving healthcare to illegals, or some of the other things mentioned, isn't going to get votes in Kenosha. AOC calling Pelosi a racist isn't going to get votes in Chambersburg, PA.

It isn't that hard, folks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Driftwood and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. poindexter

Is there not one Democratic candidate who can look appealing to Joe Sixpack in those key states? I'm not seeing it.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What would such a candidate look like? Do you mean "white man not in his 70s" because that's sure as hell what it sounds like.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It takes weeks to shovel tons of bullshit.

DanielSimpsonDay and HanSenSE like this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. poindexter

I don't know the answer.
    I just went to Kamala Harris' site. Here is how it starts. These aren't the issues that are important to me, and I doubt they register in Wisconsin and Ohio.

Throughout her career, Kamala has been a fearless advocate for the voiceless and vulnerable and a vocal and determined fighter on behalf of all people.

As U.S. Senator, Kamala introduced or co-sponsored legislation to provide sweeping tax cuts for the middle class, address the high cost of rent, raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, make higher education tuition-free for the vast majority of Americans, reform the cash bail system, protect the legal rights of refugees and immigrants, and expand access to affordable, quality health care with Medicare for All.

Read more at Meet Kamala Harris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.