1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t attend one of these if it were a beloved SID of a fabled basketball coach. I’d send a note or offer a word. But there should be a line, and there’s power in that line, and so it goes.

Journalists want to be too chummy to develop anonymous sources. Which SHS absolutely was.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh editors don’t do shit anymore. You know that. It’s the Internet age. The NYT needs to make its hit count. The story runs as is. Those standards are gone and have been a long time.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Worth noting that it's a Style section piece, and names several names.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's a credit to the names willing to be named, don't you think?

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sure.

I just don't think front page editorial rigor is applied to these Shindigger columns.

Shawn McCreesh

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you mean Mueller should say "Trump is guilty of obstruction" he's not gonna do that. He's going to say "the evidence is in the report and it is up to Congress to decide if it merits prosecution (through impeachment)." He will IMO rightly put the burden for that decision on the Democratic majority in the House. Let them own the responsibility they campaigned to win in 2018. The Republicans on the committees will try and attack his credibility and that of his investigation. That will go poorly for them, too.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You have a better chance of me watching Press Your Luck tonight than these debates.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

clearly she's not his type

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump's salty enough to gloat if they lose.

That said, the coverage of the Women's World Cup has been odd. As much hand-wringing and negativity as anything. My personal favorite was this piece ripping the USWNT coach. (It is pretty funny.)

Anyone who reads this could manage the USWNT to a World Cup title

Ellis stinks, and she’s lying to you, and it doesn’t matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.