1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Debates: Look for Biden and Bernie to drop a bit - they'll "lose" simply because they will be standing on equal footing with 18 others who won't seem so "unknown" by Friday. Kloubuchar, Booker and Gillebrand need to move the needle or they're toast. I'd say it might be better for any of them to say something outrageous just to get people talking about their candidacies, but since they all are looking at another 20 years in the Senate I doubt they swing for the fences.
    Warren needs show that she can command the stage. The rest? Explain why you are running, your vision for 2020 (not just a cleansing of 2016) and why you are particularly needed in the Oval Office at this point in history. Any candidate who spends any of their 12 minutes talking about their life's journey is probably done. We're not pitching a movie of the week here.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Harris can score big points if she says, "I'm a prosecutor, and I'm gonna throw these motherfuckers in Pound Me In The Ass Prison. PRISON. Remember, whatever they classify, we can declassify."

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, no. I’m not down with anyone being raped.

I would wish, however, for Lindsey to walk on Legos for eternity in bare feet. In the dark. Drunk.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Declassify all you want. All that will be there will be pages of black ink. No way Trump is letting anything go into the official record.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Kloubuchar has Veep written all over her at this point. She'd be the perfect balancing point to whomever is nominated.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

seriously

great job voting

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If Mueller doesn't give straight, direct answers, he just needs to go work for Trump. If it hangs or clears anyone, so be it. Enough with the conjecture, ambiguity, and things left up to interpretation.

The only thing out of his mouth should be "This is what we found ...."

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mueller was director of the FBI for over a decade. He's testified before Congress many many times. He will say what he wants to (my guess is his answers will be almost verbatim parts of the report) and no Congressperson, Democrat or Republican, will get an iota more out of him than he wishes to say.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Um, it’s Sunday’s ratings. MSNBC shows little else besides AM Joy, a MTP replay and prison docs.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this fucking guy

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Did Jesus ever meet a payroll?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.