1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I asked you to try being honest. You couldn't even do it for one post. Instead, you made up fictional responses to a bunch of different issues. You didn't just go for one straw man. You built five of them!

Please. Go find a post of mine saying one of those things. Seriously. Let's see you come up with one.

Also, to be clear, I said it would be easy for a sexist to not give a damn about women's rights. I didn't say you were definitely a sexist. Maybe you were just coming after me again because you seem to have a personal issue with me. You just assumed I was calling you a sexist. Perhaps the label was too good a fit?

Also, neither you nor Alma defined what would be the compromise. Is it the elimination of all abortion? Would it be stricter limits? Where is the line?

His argument was utter bullshit. So is yours. But that's not surprising. Dishonesty is the only tool you've got.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Come on down to Alabama and try to feed that line to young women here.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why won't moderate Americans speak out?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is hard now.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is hard to find things that don't exist.

8. Neutral Corner

I heard the head of the American Apparel and Footwear Association on NPR this afternoon. He said that 42% of the clothing and 72% of the footwear sold in the U.S. was manufactured in China. "We were able to finesse a ten percent tariff on our goods, but there is simply no possible way to do that at 25%."

If Trump really does escalate to 25% and include more goods, business is going to start raising hell with the R's in Congress.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm putting this here because it features a board favorite meme.

You'd have to be a moran to miss it.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I heard some Amazon experts the other day predicting that the 25% -- they said it went into effect June 10 -- would be passed on as soon as the boats hit the ports -- right now, most are still in the Pacific. These guys, both of whom have made millions in ecom off Amazon, are predicting epic disaster in the coming months.

11. Neutral Corner

Trump is a fucking idiot. He still thinks he's making money on tariffs.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Alma defined it (I believe). Roe v. Wade is gone, it's up to the states (some of which will still welcome abortion!), and you get everything else (gouging the rich, regulations up the wazoo, Green New Deal, Medicare for All).

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.