1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

define Christian

lakefront likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is it possible more women may prefer that - or not working at all - so they can raise kids than men would prefer it? I think it's more than possible.

Our culture needs to honor women's work at home much more than it does, but I think it's possible that women and men don't view work outside the home quite the same. Don't you think it's possible to consider that without it being sexist trope? Possible?

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gloria Vanderbilt died. Anderson Cooper’s mother. She led an interesting and accomplished life. One of the great American families and fortunes.

Looking to see how trump shits all over her and her son.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I think "we" is generally men, isn't it?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump is in some deeper shit now. Thanks, err .... Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Millions do. I did.

Increasingly, Christians are facing hard choices with the party, though, the more openly hostile it becomes to Christianity, which is now framed as one of America's great villains by enlightened progressives who read the Sunday New York Times on their sun porch. We're the bad guys.

Which, as a Christian, I get. I understand it. It's actually to be expected, if you're living it out right. Even if people can't really accuse you of anything specific, the gospel itself is offensive, especially to powerful people.

That said, Christians in America figured they'd synced up enough with politics to have a nation that reflected their worldview. And, for a good long while, that was true. It's increasingly less true with each year, Christians are struggling to adjust to that, and the see the liberal march on many fronts - be it postmodern capitalism or changes in social order - and aren't sure where to turn.

And then, after all that, is abortion. And the people who see abortion as a women's rights issue - and only that - are fundamentally different than many Christians' view of it.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Kavanaugh could end up being more moderate than most anticipated and he could be that out of sheer spite for the way he's viewed by most liberals.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm gonna stop reading right here.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

An italicized possible is a slender reed upon which to build a column.

To say nothing of an entire worldview.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

become antisemitic out of sheer spite become white supremacist out of sheer spite support trump out of sheer spite vote against my interests out of sheer spite become moderate out of sheer spite the ny times is too elite to understand what motivates me

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.