1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This dumbass is the queen of the Twitterz and doesn’t know how to do a poll?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The American voter.

He/she wasn't given cartoon characters from which to choose, so nobody knew he/she would actually be stupid enough to actually choose one. ***

I guess we "unintentionally" hid our stupidity by not getting a chance to show it.

*** But I love Trump, right, oop?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Reagan was a cartoon character. Don't kid yourself.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump fired pollsters who delivered bad news.
    You think at everyone Trump has burned through as staffers first for his campaign and then the WH and now his re-elect campaign. I think his re-elect campaign is doomed if he thinks he can just redo 2016. That said - I wouldn't have a problem staffing his campaign. There is a ton of money, all you need to do to keep your beak wet is to tell him everything is going great. Plus you'd have the added comfort of knowing your lack of honest advice will help keep him from a second term.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The kicker of the column.

Perhaps rather than beings victims of each other, of feminism or patriarchy, the sexes have fallen into two traps together. One is what I’ve called “the one-income trap” — the way that dual-earner couples establish a norm that forces everybody to work harder to keep up, leaving couples that might prefer a single breadwinner stressed or far behind.

The other trap is one of rising child-watching expectations, reflected in the fact that the overall parental time spent on child care has nearly doubled since the 1960s. Some of this doubling reflects a laudable desire to be more involved than the distant paters of the past. But it also reflects anxieties specific to our era — the fear of letting kids play together out of sight, the fear of giving them unsupervised hours, the fear that some well-meaning busybody will report you to child services, all of which pile burdens on parents that would have been foreign in the past.

This anxiety is one spoke in the cycle driving American fertility downward: Watching your kids all day makes parenting harder, which makes people have fewer kids, which means fewer siblings and neighbors to play with, which makes kids more dependent on parents for amusement, which makes parenting harder, and so on …

What an outrage, huh?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Ah, the typical Catholic argument of "Keep procreating, everyone!"

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I said you defend him, which you do.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's sick and so are you. Other people's sexuality is nobody's business. Those who make excuses for thinking it is are extremely creepy.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s not sexist. Sexist is what the republicans do in getting women who lack self respect like Kellyanne and Sarah and parading them before the country showing that the right can find women willing to debase themselves for the appearance of power, all the while being ugly scars and warts on the body of America

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's a miracle that he's overcome such persecution.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The two most persecuted men in American history
    770921E4-1B52-43B2-A8D5-2907FCEF1B4D.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.