1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

landlines-720x513.gif

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because the story is paywalled, I couldn’t read it. The key question: Is this normal? How long did it take Obama to pay off his debts? Bush? Clinton?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes. Especially poor Southern Trumpist whites, many of whom vote against economic interest because they are too ashamed to admit they have something in common with black people.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno. A lot of southern Trumpists are evangelical Christians. Hard to vote democrat for them. Democrats often - not always, but often - require Christians expand their faith to the point where it doesn’t mean what it’s always meant, or require Christians hold their nose as they choose the economic parts of Jesus’s ministry over some others. Again: Not easy.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Evangelical Christians voting for Trump is such an oxymoron. Trump is boorish, crude and downright immoral. There’s nothing Christian about him.

Smallpotatoes and BadgerBeer like this.
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There are increasingly fewer traits in right-wing evangelicalism that are Christlike.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That wasn't my point AT ALL.

I found humor in the fact that it lumped a cellphone (which can be pretty cheap and which has plans that are pretty cheap) with such burdensome expenses such as housing, childcare and transportation.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the point was that for many, paying for the essentials leaves little in the budget, if it leaves anything at all. This dovetails with the "Many Americans can't afford to pay $400 in emergency expense" articles.

This isn't only an issue for the working poor. I know of people who live in extremely nice houses in affluent parts of town whose homes are barely furnished because they are mortgage poor.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree. You have to have no brains to support something like this.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

After Fuckboy rubs his syphilis dripping schlong all over the flag, it has to be burned for hygienic reasons.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Don’t try to pass any laws of meaning. Just prop this bullshit.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.