1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is an Alec Baldwin/Donald Trump joke in there somewhere, but it's just not coming to me.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

All of the new and expanded steel plants.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Other than getting those facts out through hearings that people will watch. (that is the point of having an investigation) I want that stuff laid out once and for all for everyone to see. I want those people (republican trumpers) proven wrong in public, on camera and on the record.

Just to add, yes we know the things you mentioned but official government workers, people in charge of us and our country are lying about those things and I welcome the facts being put out there in an official way.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The economics of immigration are well known (if not to everyone). Immigrants create growth.

5. lakefront

Something to be said about that. Interesting. Unfortunately I don't know if it will ever be debated.

Always handy to be killed with a large number of people. Somehow it seems like a bigger deal to people. I get it, I guess, it is more news worthy when the numbers are high, but dead is dead. I guess.

6. lakefront

Planet Earth says hi.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And the Manhattan Project wouldn’t have happened without them.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

“Growth” is predicated on immigrants accepting shitty wages and living in substandard conditions that they often can’t raise hell about because their rights are few, their credit is poor and, in some cases, they’re not legal.

Second generations - that is to say native-born Americans - are far less apt to put up with it. Third generations are even less likely. So the answer becomes, what? A steady flow of newcomers - illegal or refugee - willing to be exploited.

I can see why Republicans like that system, and indeed Reaganites always have and did.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Population growth and economic growth go hand in hand.

Americans are having fewer and fewer babies; how do we manage economic growth without population growth?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What are we talking about here? How to boost population? Illegal immigration being a strategy for that?

On an unrelated note, I live in a "city center" so to speak - close to downtown - but when I'm out in the suburbs, man, all of these medical plazas that have cropped up? These physical rehab centers and kidney dialysis spots and surgical specialty places? What's going to happen to all of that real estate in 20 years, when the Boomers are gone? The "Boomer care" industry is fascinating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.