1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In other words, he's like most people on Twitter - reacting to shit.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Except the part where he's the President 0f the United States of America?

Sure.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Why do people think alma is always defending Trump?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That is great.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck will definitely dig into a Quarter Kilo with Cheese even more eagerly than the skimpy Quarter Pounder.

A quarter kilo is a bit more than half a pound.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump's a complete moron on Twitter. It's indisputably hurt his presidency. So are most people, though. Hurts a lot of them, too.

In this way, the president is like most of the people on Twitter. A statement of fact.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Do you think the President of the United States should be held to the same standard as Joe Q. Dipshit from Keokuk, Iowa?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s not held to the standard of a Karen Johnson of New York

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

JMO - but I think there are some posters here who want to use this thread as a shared catharsis over their hatred of Trump. When someone - me, really anyone, but me often enough - desires to shift the conversation to something other than that (because I don't really care that much about that), said posters react because they want what they want, and don't like being poked or questioned about it. That's a lot of it. Another small part of it is that, I kind of like this country, and desire it to be better than it is, and those prescriptions aren't 100% in lockstep with a progressive worldview.

But I'm no fan of Trump, precisely because he's kind of a contrarian troll, and because he's a troll, he doesn't really have a vision for anything. He just has an answer. They're not the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.