1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama (under his breath): You provincial putz.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's also keeping them in-state, which helps the local economies, raises the academic profile of the universities, and in theory creates successful graduates who will give back to the university to help offset the impact of funding cuts to higher education by neocon state legislatures.

And the hope is, it helps stops the brain drain and overall exodus of the young, smart and talented, especially from the Buffalo Commons states. Not everyone from Kansas is as stupid as the people who have governed it the past 20 years, but most of the smart ones leave ASAP after high school.

But you already knew that.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I went to a Vandy-Army game at Michie Stadium in like 2009. That is a phenomenal place to see a game. They run ferries up the Hudson from NYC to West Point just for the games. And when Army scores, a freaking cannon blasts from behind the stadium. They had an Apache helicopter hover over the field and a guy repelled out, though I can't remember why.

It's quite a scene there. Tough to beat on a fall day.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not a raised court. I don't think Mackey is any more either. (I feel like it was at some point years ago.)

Haven't seen Illinois in years. It was just renovated I think.

5. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Not only is UGA dramatically better, but the other public universities in the state system have also improved a lot, as the reasonably smart kids who can't get into UGA now go to the others.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Starman

I just wish Obama had issued an executive order urging Americans not to commit suicide by using handguns, swallowing hundreds of pills or drinking bleach.
    Undoubtedly Fuckboy would call a press conference to vacate the executive order and prove to America he wasn't going to let the Mooslim neegro tell him what to do.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You say loud? I say . . .

[​IMG]

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump Staff Dreads Traveling Overseas With Toddler President

When overseas, Trump:
    --flips out when he can't Fox News in the local hotel
    --refuses to eat any cuisine native to another country
    --stays awake 24-7
    --hates attending multilateral summits where he is not the center of attention
    --avoids talking with leaders of democracies because he doesn't care about their problems and finds policy negotiations boring

10. Starman

Faux Fascist Noise is banned from the airwaves in most countries since it is unmitigated nonstop propaganda

Driftwood likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One of Trump's first orders was to kill all the Thanksgiving turkeys that Obama pardoned. (An old joke now but still makes me laugh.)

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Starman

To sell online as Trump Turkeys.

By November, the turkeys slaughtered in early February ought to be getting pretty ripe. Yum yum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.