1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe busing should have worked. It didn't work. Maybe it didn't work because of racism; I'd argue that was the cause of busing's failure, because whites simply left those districts rather than be bused within them. And it's arguable whether Biden guaranteed it wouldn't work with his amendments in the 1970s. But busing of course continued in many school districts for years afterward.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The problem isn't Trump voters.

The problem is the criticism of Trump voters.

lakefront, TowelWaver, garrow and 3 others like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’s one thing to not understand something. It’s another thing to not understand it, and then reject the information provided right in front of them, and start talking about how it is fake.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I welcome Mueller's testimony. I really do, since I have no particular interest in Trump remaining president. Perhaps under oath Mueller can say clearly what has to be inferred from the report.

Because, as it stands, the words "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities" has been turned into "well, actually it did, Mueller stuffed his report with little bombs all over, and it's proof everything we think Trump is or Trump did."

In other words, it's rejecting the information right in front of them.

I know, I know - I don't get it. I just can't possibly get it.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He'll settle on that right after he settles on deciding how many billions he's worth.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

ROBERT REICH: During a closed meeting yesterday with the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Trump's former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told lawmakers that Russian President Vladimir Putin was more prepared than Trump for their meeting in Hamburg, Germany -- putting US officials at a disadvantage.

Trump’s response this morning, via tweet: “Rex Tillerson, a man who is ‘dumb as a rock’ and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story (he got fired) that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don’t think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!”

Trump’s juvenile and vindictive tweet all but confirms Tillerson’s account.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.