1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Awww, Jeez.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much attention as the people who raised the stink got - I thought about the women Ailes and others still on the network who were harrassed who said nothing and remain quiet. The sad truth is, profile in courage Gretchen Carlson only spoke out once her contract wasn't renewed.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The best way to do most things is to not just do one thing. Yes, avoiding dumb mistakes is part of it. So is improving security. So is holding the people who pull that shit accountable. That's the part you seem to want to avoid.

But hey, at least when backed into a corner you finally admitted something negative about Russia. Did it make you cry a little?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

HAD to?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I agree! We agree! Whoopee!

So how do you think the US should be held accountable for the 81 foreign elections in which has meddled?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is up to those countries. I'm a citizen of the United States. I'm concerned with other countries messing with our elections and how our government handles such interference. Silly me. I actually put the country where I live first.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Given that he's got a hearing coming up, I sure hope that Don, Jr. is one of the people that Flynn has testified contacted and tried to influence him.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Neutral Corner

This is shrewdly observed. I think she's right. Young women here are pissed.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I agree! We agree! Whoopee!

Russia held the US accountable and punished it.

Glad we got that straightened out. Who knew agreeing could be so much fun?

12. Neutral Corner

"No other details were provided in the filing, but the Mueller report noted that President Donald Trump's personal lawyer left a voicemail message for Flynn in late November 2017 that addressed the possibility of him cooperating with the government.

"It wouldn't surprise me if you've gone on to make a deal with ... the government," the attorney said in the voicemail message, according to Mueller.

If... there's information that implicates the President, then we've got a national security issue [so] ... we need some kind of heads up. Just for the sake of protecting all our interests if we can .... [R]emember what we've always said about the President and his feelings toward Flynn and, that still remains."

Flynn told Mueller people tied to Trump and Congress tried to obstruct probe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.