1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Never again

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I used to wonder what hell might be like, to live in a foreign land that is brutally controlled by people you never see and never even meet. But, sadly, now this shit has come to America.

We are being arm-twisted and sucker-punched into a future with no future.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Conrad Black was pardoned because he wrote nice things about Trump.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And this GOP standing for Israel is so cynical. Trust me, in the game of musical chairs, you want us to sit before the Muslims, but we ain’t making it to the end of the song.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They love Israelis, but hate American Jews.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Where’s it headed?

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I invite you to find some of the enraged and/or terrified women of Alabama on Twitter and try to sell that line to them. A legislature of old white men just took away their control of their own bodies.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Opinion | Stop telling people that Alabama is better than this. It’s not.

Don’t we have some of the lowest wages in the nation? Don’t we have some of the worst schools? Don’t we have the nation’s worst health care system? Don’t we have some of the worst infrastructure? Don’t we have some of the worst pollution?

You’d think that after 150 years of basing their votes on religion and hate instead of self-interest, some of those voters would take a look around. That large groups would get tired of being played for absolute fools by some of the worst con men to walk the planet.

But they never, ever do.

Last November, in the midterms, I pointed out that Republican candidates literally had no plans to govern. I was specific. I directed everyone to their websites and social media, quoted them from debates, and then I compared them to their Democratic counterparts.

Didn’t matter.

Because that’s not what the majority of the people in this state care about. They don’t care about what’s right or who can best solve the state’s problems. They care about their team, and about what their friends and neighbors might think of them if they suddenly began thinking for themselves.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.