1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain the logic in this statement?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems to me the President of the United States is admitting he's under the influence of a foreign government. How is that not grounds for removal from office?

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

If you're expecting logic from Candace Owens, you're in for a long wait. Similar to the wait you have expecting truth from Donald Trump or grace and compassion from Franklin Graham, Robert Jeffress or any other of the religious charlatans who kneel before Trump.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is a mere spasm in that relationship.
    Russia is now firmly entrenched as the greatest enemy the country has ever had. I suppose at least we have this dipshit brigade to thank for clarifying that.
    It is not likely to be forgotten when the roaches are swept out of office by some means or another.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is odd that the same people who did the cheerleading for W. are still widely viewed as authorities by supporters of Trump, who rode to power rejecting, disparaging and running against the W. Presidency. I realize Trump doesn't have a choice - I also realize that Hannity, Limbaugh et. al. would be doing backflips for Herman Cain, Michelle Bachman or Romney if they won the WH, they echo their listeners more than their listeners echo them - I guess I'm just surprised the same mouthpieces are still seen as credible by voters who have rejected all other parts of the Republican establishment.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"The prospect of Donald Trump making a state visit to Britain in June is stomach-churning. The corruption investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, whose damning report was published last week, provided ample evidence of what we already know: Trump is unfit to hold the office of president of the United States......The proposal that the British state should extend to this unworthy man its highest honours, including an address to parliament...will give an undeserved boost to a wounded charlatan."

The Observer view on the Mueller report: Trump is a disgrace and is not welcome in Britain | Observer editorial

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's not at all what he was saying.
    He seems to be saying he wants to work with Russia on trade deals and fighting terrorism -- two very important issues any president would and should strive to work on with one of the biggest and most important countries on earth.

But the investigation makes that impossible because any cooperation with Russia is going to be looked at as evidence of collusion.
    Seems pretty clear that "They're all over me" is referring to his political opponents and the investigation, not the Russians. I have no idea how you can read that and think he's saying it's the Russians who are "all over him."

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you on this one. However he has nobody to blame but himself and his merry band of simpletons. He clearly needed to be investigated. If anyone associated with this fat fuck would have called the FBI when Russia reached out this would be a nonissue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.